Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who Said Being Dead was Boring?

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human CadaversStiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I found this to be one of the most enlighening, as well as informative books that I have had the pleasure of experiencing.


Mary Roach takes the reader on a journey of the dead, managing to treverse the often perverse situations in which our deceaced have managed to find themselves with humor and often touching grace.


I followed her through the less than auspicious beginnings of the practice of human disection; the second comming of someone's departed as CRASH TEST DUMMIE; human remains as laboratory on the "Body Farm" and so on.


I won't sit here and tell you everything. That would be no fun at all.


Let me just say that this will be the most fun that you will ever have being shocked, abhorred,entertained...but most of all educated.






View all my reviews

No comments: